Terms of Business
- These are the sole conditions on which Fish Brothers (Swindon) Ltd, incorporating Faringdon Garage, Orbit Vehicle Services, and any franchise operated, hereafter called ‘The Company’ contracts with the Customer as named on forms and contracts.
- All estimates for work done are valid for 14 days from the date of dispatch of the estimate by the Company to the Customer. If a customer deposits a vehicle with the Company for the purpose of the company preparing an estimate, then a storage charge based on the Company’s storage rates will be made to the Customer operating from the Fifteenth day, unless the estimate is accepted by the customer within fourteen days of its despatch by the Company, or the vehicle moved from the premises by the Customer within that time.
- All prices quoted by the Company for parts are based on the prices current at the time of preparing the estimate and the Company reserves the right to increase such prices to the Customer, if the price to the Company is increased between preparing the estimate and obtaining the parts in order to carry out the work. The Company reserves the right to sub-contract all or any of the work.
- If for any reason the work requested by the Customer is not carried out in full, the Company will charge a reasonable amount for the work carried out.
- Any variation agreed between the Company and the Customer in the work to be carried out will be deemed to be an amendment to this contract and shall not constitute a new contract.
- The company will use its best efforts to carry out the work in the time notified to the Customer but time shall not be of the essence and no liability is accepted for any delays.
- Work will be deemed to be complete when the Customer is advised by the Company that such work is complete. The Customer will pay for the Company for all of the work done and materials supplied as well as any storage charges, before the vehicle may be removed from the premises. If the customer fails to pay the amount due and fails to collect the vehicle within seven days of being advised that the repairs have been completed, the Company will charge for storage as its current rates. The Company may sell the vehicles if Customer fails to pay and collect it within three months of being notified that the work has been completed and the Company’s intention to sell it. Upon such a sale the Company shall pay the balance of the proceeds of the sale to the Customer after deducting all its charges.
- The Company is only responsible for loss or damage to any vehicle or its accessories or contents caused by its negligence. The Company advises the Customer to remove from the vehicle all items of value not related to the vehicle.
- All parts replaced during service or repair except those that have to be returned to the manufacturer or suppliers under warranty or service exchange arrangements will be retained by the Company for the Customer until the time when the vehicle is collected by the Customer. If the Customer does not specifically ask to take possession of such replacement parts when collecting the vehicle they will become the property of the Company to dispose of as it deems fit.
- All written notices given by the Company to the Customer shall take effect 24 hours after being dispatched by the Company in the normal course of post to the Customers recorded address.
- The Company warrants that all genuine franchise parts fitted to a vehicle under warranty will be free from defects for the remainder of that vehicle’s warranty. In respect of the parts that are supplied or fitted the Company assigns to the Customer the benefit of any applicable manufacturer’s warranty. The Company warrants its work free of defects for a period of 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever occurs the sooner from the date of the completion of the work.
- It is a condition of acceptance of a Customer’s instructions that the Company is authorised (1) to carry out any additional work of a minor or incidental nature, which the Company in its absolute discretion considers necessary to properly comply with the Customers instructions and (2) to supply and fit any materials necessary for such purpose.
- The Company reserves the right to make a 17.5% handling charge on goods returned against orders correctly supplied. Non stock orders specially supplied and of mercentable quality cannot be returned for credit.
- All parts shall remain the absolute and unencumbered property of the Company until such time that the Company has received clear payment in full respect of them. If a part is mixed with or incorporated in other goods but remains capable of being detached or separated the company shall continue to retain property in and title to the part.
- If the Customer shall become bankrupt or insolvent or make any arrangements with creditors or suffers a receiver of its effects to be appointed or being a body corporate enters into liquidation other for the purpose of amalgamation the Company shall have the right to terminate any agreement with the Customer subject to these conditions and shall thenceforth cease to have any further obligation under the contract and the price of all work done and the goods and services rendered by the Company shall immediately become payable. In the case of reciprocal trading the Company shall retain the right to deduct any monies owing to it from the Customer’s reciprocal account immediately in the case of the Customer’s insolvency or when monies owed to the Company become overdue.
- All charges unless on an approved credit account or other agreed in writing are strictly nett and are due at or before delivery and the Company may demand deposit before commencing or in the course of any work. The Company reserves a general lieu over all property of the Customer in the company’s possession for the total indebtedness of the Customer to the Company by way of money or due for work done or materials and goods supplied, storage charges and any other expenses and costs arising in relation to each and any Vehicle of the Customer. Any vehicle removed from the Company’s premises without permission will be considered to have been stolen.
- The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer the prevalent court rate on invoices outstanding after their due date.
- Non stock items specially ordered and of mercentable quality cannot be returned for credit
- Nothing contained herein shall affect the Customers statutory rights
- For supply or parts or repairs to Private Hire or Taxi vehicles, no warranty is given or implied. Fish Brothers (Swindon) Ltd will accept no responsibility for loss of earnings or associated costs in the event of mechanical failure on such vehicles.
The Data Protection Act
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information from you and to inform you of the circumstances under which we will use it. The information you have provided to us will be stored on our internal computer system which will be accessed only by Fish Brothers and will be used from time to time for sending you relevant information which we believe you may be interested in. This information will not be disclosed to any other parties and will not be used for any purpose other than the above. This statement was last updated on 19th August 2004.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions on this site. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted onto the site (see date above). You will be asked to read and accept the terms and conditions each time you place an order, to ensure that you are familiar with the most current ones.
Please note that we no longer deliver glass and certain bodywork items. To confirm if we can delivery use the contact us form.
You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until you click the Submit Order button.
After you submit an order we will give you an Order Reference Number and details of the products you have ordered. We will send the same details to you in an e-mail (our first e-mail). We will then send a second email when we start to process your order. Please note that these e-mails are acknowledgements, not acceptance of your order.
Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we send you a third e-mail, which will contain details of how your products will be delivered to you. (Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case our third e-mail will tell you so).
When deciding whether or not to accept your order we may use certain information about you, including any received from credit reference agency checks with Experian Limited or other agencies. In particular, we may pass your details to Experian for them to check against certain public and private databases. Experian may keep a record to use in future security checks. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
We will tell you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method. Please note that products, prices and offers on our Web Site Renault Parts may differ from those featured on this site.
Prices and Payment
All prices and charges on this site are in UK pounds. They include any VAT payable, but exclude delivery charges (for details see ‘Delivery’ below).
The total cost of your order will be the price of the products you order, any additional services you choose (e.g. installation), plus the applicable delivery charge. All these will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order.
Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. If something becomes unavailable we may offer you an alternative.
We try very hard to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error can occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will tell you and ask you whether you wish to continue with your order at the correct price or cancel it.
We accept payment by MasterCard, Visa, Delta and Switch. Payment is deducted when we process your order.
Where We Deliver
Delivery must be to an address in the United Kingdom (but excluding the Channel Islands and, for some larger items, the Isle of Man, Anglesey, The Scilly Isles and the Scottish islands). All deliveries must be signed for (except items sent by post and which are small enough to be put through your letterbox). Please make sure you keep the receipts which will accompany your order.
We make every effort to keep our delivery charges as low as possible. We currently charge £5 per order for standard UK delivery. You only pay one delivery charge, irrespective of the number of products ordered. If you order two or more products which fall into different categories, the higher charge applies. The applicable standard delivery charge is shown on each product page and all charges will be visible before submitting your order. You will always be able to see all applicable charges before submitting your order.
Delivery times should be no longer than 2-3 working days. If there is a issue with any back orders from Renault UK will will let you know within 48 hours of placing the order.
IMPORTANT: We do everything we can to meet the delivery times specified in this section. However, occasionally delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control (eg. problems obtaining authorisation for your payment ) and therefore they cannot be guaranteed. We will inform you if we become aware of an unexpected delay.
Please allow extra time for deliveries to Scottish islands.
We will notify you which delivery method we will use when we send you our third e-mail. Very occasionally different products in the same order may be delivered separately. Tracking Your Order You can track the progress of your order by logging in and then going to ‘My Account’. We will inform you if there are likely to be any unexpected delays.
Missing, Damaged or Incorrect Orders
We try very hard to ensure that you receive your order in pristine condition. If you do not receive all your products, please check that they have been dispatched by using our tracking facility (simply log in and then go to ‘My Account’). If your order is not en route to you, please e-mail us at – email@example.com
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Whilst we always aim to help customers wherever possible, if you remain dissatisfied with the outcome and explanation we have provided, we would recommend you contact Motor Codes. Motor Codes is a member of the Chartered trading Standards Institute approved consumer codes scheme and is a provider of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), offering conciliation and arbitration. You can contact them via www.motorcodes.co.uk or on their advice line 0800 692 0825.
Their decision will be legally binding on both Fish Brothers (Swindon) Ltd and you, as the customer.